1. Sort black clothes with dark colors. Wash your black clothes
only when necessary.
2. Wash your black clothes when Turned inside out this will prevent the fabric from rubbing against other pieces or having direct contact with a detergent that could strip the garment of it's colour.
3. Prevent hanging your clothes in the sun
4. Pick your detergent wisely preferably use dedicated to black garments
5. Shorten your cycles to reduce the chance of black clothes fading
5. Choose cold water as cold water helps prevent fibres from breaking
6. Avoid the dryer as Heat also speeds up the colour fading process
7. Reach for the salt shaker as the chloride in it helps preserve the colour and adding vinegar directly into the machine has a similar effect, plus it will soften your clothes.